We recognize that in the conduct of our business, no individual should act with disregard for his neighbors and competitors. We recognize that the spirit of competition is deeply embedded within each human being and that it has the potential to influence our interactions. We support, however, methods of competition which are unreproachable, honorable, and legitimate; that provide us with the ability to compete without wronging others and without demoralizing the industry in which we are engaged.
Given our recognition and our beliefs as stated, we each pledge our full support to the following Code of Ethics:
- We believe that our industry is honorable and that we provide a valuable and necessary service to the public. We are always mindful of the part that our industry plays in the life of our community.
- We recognize that, in order to serve the public to the best of our abilities, our industry has a responsibility to maintain the highest possible standards.
- We will always deal fairly with our customers. We will handle any and all complaints courteously, admitting to our errors and/or mistakes, and will cheerfully and promptly make necessary adjustments.
- We will cooperate, when circumstances warrant, with all public officials and government agencies, and shall comply with all laws and regulations pertaining to our business. We will maintain an active interest in civic affairs and in matters pertaining to the public welfare.
- We recognize fair and ethical competition as a means of making our industry more efficient and a vehicle that to stimulate the desire to provide excellent service to the public. We will consistently recognize and respect the rights of competition and will use fair methods and practices in our efforts to promote business.
- We will always be mindful of the services that the suppliers of our industry provide and will treat those suppliers and their employees with respect, dignity and courtesy. We will meet all obligations promptly and in accordance with recognized and established credit practices.
- We will employ people of good reputation and skill and will compensate them fairly and adequately according to their individual abilities and skills. And will, whenever possible, provide time for training programs, opportunities for advancement, and safeguard for the prevention of injuries and accidents. We will provide healthful and pleasant surroundings and will be constantly alert to the needs, welfare and happiness of each employee, both in a physical and moral sense.
- We will faithfully execute all contracts to conduct our business and affairs in such a manner as to gain the confidence and respect of fellow operators, customers, manufacturers, suppliers and the general public.
- We will faithfully analyze the needs and requirements of locations, and recommend the equipment best suited to those needs. We will, at all times, deal fairly and justly with the locations and condemn all forms of practices which serve to discredit the industry or injure its public relations.
- We will always conduct our business in a manner that will reflect the very highest citizenship and strive to work in accordance with the By-Laws of the Amusement and Music Operators Association. We will actively support a program of public relations for the industry.